It’s no secret that RFID can enable real-time tracking of servers, tape media, hard drives, laptops and other IT assets better than any other method. However, some companies still think RFID technology is too expensive, unreliable, or large for their assets. Xerafy is determined to remove the barriers to RFID adoption by developing technology designed to maximize performance for IT asset tracking applications.
Recently, Xerafy announced the PicoX II Plus, Pico-On Plus, and Pico-iN Plus tags that achieve up to 10 feet read distance at half the size of current passive RFID-on-metal (ROM) RFID tags. Small ROM tags with high read range allow visibility on the smallest of assets and enable real-time tracking with faster and easier implementation methods than barcodes or active RFID technology.
Check out Xerafy’s recent whitepaper on “Simplifying IT Asset Management and Data Security with RFID” that describe the standards set by the Financial Service Technology Consortium for IT asset management and examine the benefits for IT asset management with RFID.
Top 10 Benefits of RFID for IT Asset Management and Data Security:
1. Increase visibility and operational efficiency of IT data center assets
2. Improve IT staff productivity
3. Increase overall utilization of IT assets
4. Enable proactive protection against the loss of IT assets
5. Protect data resident on those assets
6. Enable cost-effective compliance with government and industry regulations
7. Improve accountability for IT asset management
8. Reduce capital equipment purchases
9. Improve maintenance, repair, and overhaul process
10. Save time and money with automatic inventory management